Sunday, February 25, 2007

NYCOMICCON

My friend Alex (who I met through Marta's job) had 2 free passes to the "New York Comics Conference", where, surrounded by tote-carrying scruffs and crazy StarWars fans, I finally realize what a geek I really am...



FlCl (pron. "FoulyCouly"), a series of individually customized vinyl figures that really stands out.

I feel bad for not being able to give all these artists work the attention it deserves, but time is limited, I need to get to "The Color Purple"...

Alex (on the right) trying to find one missing number for his huge collection. No luck :(

"where are the donuts?"

My friend Dominik would KILL for one of these...

Artists from the "Golden Age" of American comics, with their original oil-painted work for sale for a couple thousand bucks...

The expo is huge, and this is only one floor of 2!

I leave the NYComicCon with a heavy heart and a bag full of free stuff/samples/posters.
I took advantage of the great expo deals, and bought Chris Ware's "Jimmy Corrigan" and Mike Mignola's wonderful new Hellboy "Strange Places" for 25% off. Also, I chatted with David Mack, author of acclaimed "Kabuki", and he gave me his 50$ book for 20 bucks, plus a booklet from his current series (cover by Mignola), both signed, and a limited-edition poster for free! I'm a happy man... And now I have to RUN!

0 comments: